Spiga

U.C. Berkeley student's uses Twitter to escape jail

When Egyptian police scooped up UC Berkeley graduate journalism student James Karl Buck, who was photographing a noisy demonstration, and dumped him in a jail cell last week, they didn't count on Twitter.Twitter, the micro-blogging service for cell phone users, allows messages up to 140 characters long. Twitter users can allow anyone they wish to join their network and receive all their messages. Buck has a large network, so Twitter gave him an instant link to the outside world.With this in mind I wonder what Twitter can do for bloggers in blog traffic and readership? If Twitter can save and free someone because of Mr. Buck large following on Twitter then I could say bloggers like me can tap this micro media to drive traffic and readership to my blog, but I need to start gaining some friends by using Twitter often.

read more | digg story

0 comments: