Spiga

The other side of Blogging



Blogging in my point of view does not consist only of creating a better, planned and well written content. It is just one of the factor to get a big following when blogging. Have you ever seen an advertisement on TV or just on the sidebar of a blog or website. What I have notice is the presentation of an ads aside from the wordings describing that advertisement.
What I am trying to point is that when blogging bloggers must also have in mind how he must present the content of his own blog to get attention from the readers, right!So a readable blog consist of the following:

content + presentation(design and arrangement) = a readable or presentable blog.


Content. Well this is the necessary thing in blogging. Whether your blog is all about pictures, videos, music, plain text or a combination of both without this it isn't a blog afterall. Often times I've seen some blogs who only posted affiliates and advertisement as the content of a blog and it isn't appealing in my own view. How can you get a good following if all you have posted in your blog is all ads, ads and more ads. Although we can not do away with this ads since we also need some gratuity from this sector of the web, when posting ads I think it is advisable to put it in the sidebar and should not be a distraction from the main blog content.

Presentation. In presentation what I mean is the choice of design and the blend of color to the content of a blog. Since my intent is to point out this other aspect of blogging I need to elaborate on this part more.Well, I always view a blog like a room and the blogger as the owner. When I try to make my room livable to visitors and friends I need to keep it neat and tidy all the time. I see this comparison to a blog and the blogger. For my blog to get attention from the viewers and visitors I need to do the following:

  • Choose a good design and template for my blog. It is just like choosing the right floor plan for my room. A good template and design makes a blog more appealing to the visitors.
  • Choose a good blend of colors for a blog. Same when you try to paint a room a good selection of paint is what makes a room cool and nice, same with a blog a well blended color makes a blog more attractive and viewable.
  • Make a good arrangement of your post, the headers, footers, sidebars add-ons. Don't leave a blog in a mess and full or clutter. Try to place your ads in an orderly manner so that it is not a distraction to your visitors put them on the proper place in the sidebar of somewhere else that it is not the center of attraction. Visitors shy away from blogs who is cluttered too much with ads that it doesn't looks like a blog anymore but more of an adboard.

That's all for today folks! What else that I didn't mention here you're free to add in the comment.

0 comments: