Spiga

Analyzing your blog traffic statistics to increase traffic to your blog

Analyzing your blog traffic statistics can be an invaluable tool for a number of reasons. But before you can make full use of this tool, you need to understand how to interpret the data.
Most blog hosting companies will provide you with basic blog traffic information that you then have to interpret and make pertinent use of. However, the data you receive from your host company can be overwhelming if you don't understand how to apply it to your particular business and blog site. Let's start by examining the most basic data – the average visitors to your site.
These figure is the precise measure of your blog's activity. It is therefore precise that the more traffic you see recorded, the better your blog is faring,but this is not the only parameter that you must consider. You must also look at the behavior of your visitors once they land on your blog site to gauge the effectiveness of your site.
The aim is to use the blog traffic statistics to figure out how well or how poorly your site is working for your visitors. One way to determine this is to find out how long on average your visitors spend on your site.


Let me take as an example this blog. As you can see in the graphics, my blog has 359 visits over all plus 15 before I sign-up with Sitemeter and with an average visits of 11 per day that's quite comfortable as of now since this is a new blog it means that I have made a good step in promoting my blog to the world. The over all page view is 532 and a 12 page view per day average that's quite good for now. By this stats, I could say that this blog has a good starting with regards to how I advertise and promote it. Based on this stats I can now have an idea how to proceed to increase more traffic to my blog.

Why the difference between the visits and the page view?
When you are browsing a site, every time you follow a link to a new web page, it is treated as a single page view. Site Meter defines a visit as a series of page views by one person with no more than 30 minutes in between page views. If you click on a link to another site, and then come back to your site within 30 minutes, you are still on the same visit and Site Meter won't increment the counter. But Site Meter will increment the number of page views recorded for your current visit. With a page view average of 12 per day and a total of 532 would mean that somehow visitors show some interest in one or two of my post here and again it is a good start. It would also mean that somehow I have some good post here that caught the interest of my visitors and it is a good start. So I get an idea that I need to have a good quality post in order to have a quality visitors.

Why the difference in the length of visits and the page view?
If I only look at a single page and then leave, Sitemeter don't know how long I looked at the page. If I looked at two pages and left Sitemeter would know I at least am on the site during the time of the first page view and the second page view. The difference between those two times would be the length of the visit.With a 0:45 seconds average per visit would mean that visitors at least take time to view and read at least two pages of my blog and it is acceptable for the moment. An average page view of 1.1 seconds that means visitors are staying and spend 1.1 minutes to at least read a few line of my post that interest them.
As you can see, these statistics will reveal vital information about the effectiveness of individual pages, and visitor habits and motivation. This is essential information to any successful Internet marketing campaign.
And finally it goes down to a single best criteria for increasing your traffic-ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD QUALITY CONTENT FOR YOUR BLOG, without this single thing you may have a lot of traffic but not enough quality and real visitors to your blog. Happy blogging!

0 comments: