Spiga

Educational side of blogging

Work StudioImage by *spo0ky* via FlickrBlogging has gone into a revolutionary tool not only as a personal journal, but more than that in the recent years. It has become the powerful tool that help people earn while at home especially moms and those who are out of school. Aside from the potential of earning extra bucks, blogging becomes a tool now for informal education among the young and the out of school. Indeed it has been a good tool to educate anyone as in my experience with blogging has teach me. During my early college ,I am not that familiar with the internet and the world wide web. I only know the internet from magazines and books and from my sister who is a computer professional. My first hands-on informal training with using the power of the web and blogging was after I have graduated from college, imagine that, knowing that the web is already there in the late 80's if I am not mistaken. But since then, my entire experience and outlook has been greatly change after that first hands-on with internet and then I begin my journey of informal education using the web and blogging. Blogging has help me learn how to create web pages and to do some simple PC tricks. While browsing other blogs from computer tips and tricks to making money online this tool has enhance my personal development and hidden talents like writing articles, advertising through blogging and how to use some applications that is unknown to my world before.

Students benefit from using blogs to exchange ideas and to learn about something by just visiting blogs that contains post related to science, current events, religion or social sciences. Aside from this, the accessibility of blogging as a free tool benefits those out of school children to have at least an informal education where in they can learn something at their own pace and time. The availability and ease of use of blogging software makes creating blogs a viable classroom activity and a means for teachers to communicate with students and other teachers. Blogging becomes a hub for students and teachers alike to interact and exchange ideas. This tools can be a news room, a library, a resource center and an activity center for students and mentors alike. Blogging indeed has grown into an all around application, profitable both for education and profit for low income earners and get additional earnings out of their free time.

Zemanta Pixie

0 comments: